Finding A DUI Lawyer in Rhode Island
Driving under the influence (DUI) charges are a serious offense in Rhode Island. A Rhode Island DUI conviction can result in a range of severe consequences including hefty fines, loss of driving privileges, and even jail time. In this article, we’ll discuss the rate of DUI arrests in Rhode Island over the past few years and how getting a Rhode Island DUI lawyer can help you beat a DUI charge.
DUI Arrest Rates in Rhode Island
According to the Rhode Island Judiciary, there were 3,237 DUI arrests in Rhode Island in 2019. This number has been relatively stable over the past few years. In 2018, there were 3,294 DUI arrests, and in 2017, there were 3,253.
The state of Rhode Island takes DUI charges very seriously, and law enforcement officers are actively looking for drivers who are under the influence. If you are caught driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you can face harsh penalties.
Penalties for DUI Charges in Rhode Island
The penalties for DUI charges in Rhode Island vary depending on a few factors, including your blood alcohol content (BAC) level and whether you have prior DUI convictions. Here are some of the potential penalties you could face if convicted of a DUI in Rhode Island:
- A fine of $100 to $400, a license suspension of up to six months, and possible jail time of up to one year.
- A fine of $400 to $1,000, a license suspension of up to two years, and possible jail time of up to two years.
- A fine of $400 to $5,000, a license suspension of up to three years, and possible jail time of up to five years.
In addition to these penalties, you may also be required to complete a court-ordered substance abuse program, install an ignition interlock device on your vehicle, and have your vehicle impounded.
How a Rhode Island DUI Lawyer Can Help You
Here are some ways a DUI lawyer in Rhode Island can help you:
- Understanding your charges: A DUI lawyer can explain the charges you are facing, including the potential penalties and the evidence against you.
- Evaluating the evidence: A DUI lawyer can review the evidence against you, including the results of any blood or breath tests, and determine whether the evidence was collected lawfully and analyzed accurately.
- Building a defense: A DUI lawyer can develop a defense strategy that is tailored to your case. This may include challenging the legality of the traffic stop or the admissibility of the evidence against you.
- Negotiating a plea bargain: In some cases, a DUI lawyer can negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecutor to reduce the charges against you or minimize the penalties you face.
If you are facing a DUI charge in Rhode Island, it’s important to hire an experienced Rhode Island DUI lawyer. Find one today and protect your right to drive as well as your freedom.
Top Rhode Island DUI Lawyers
Find Top DUI Lawyers Near You
We have listings for the top DUI lawyers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Find the best DUI lawyer for you by clicking on your state here.