A veteran drunk driving lawyer has spent his or her entire legal career defending good people against serious DUI charges. Drunk driving lawyers specialize in driving under the influence cases and driving while intoxicated cases. The field of impaired driving law is highly technical and complicated, and require the services of a lawyer who knows local laws better than anyone. You could hire a criminal defense lawyer who handles drunk driving cases as well as theft and personal injury, but a generalist may not be the best option for you.
A good analogy is when you need shoulder surgery and you begin a search for the best surgeon in your city. You would try to find orthopedic surgeons and not vascular surgeons. Both types of doctors know how to perform general surgery, but the orthopedic surgeon will have performed hundreds of shoulder operations while the vascular surgeon may have performed only a few. A veteran drunk driving defense specialist is fully versed in the latest state DUI laws and has deep experience with all local prosecutors and judges. These lawyers will study your unique arrest circumstances and find errors in police procedures that can lead to exclusion of damaging police evidence including DUI breath test results, blood test results, and field sobriety test results.
Drunk Driving Lawyer Proven Legal Strategies
Call us today at 1-888-839-4384 and tell us about what happened the night of your arrest. We will ask you questions like:
- Exactly where were you when you were pulled over?
- Where were you coming from and where were you going to?
- Were there other people in the car who could serve as defense witnesses?
- What did the police say to you?
- What were the weather conditions?
- Do you have any medical conditions that may have impacted your ability to pass the field sobriety tests like the eye test and walk and turn test?
- Do you have prior DUI convictions on your record or any other criminal convictions?